Rules: The Short Version
- Use party chat for your character’s speech.
- Death penalties are based on how many times you’ve died and how quickly/effectively you were treated afterward. Your character won’t actually die unless it’s a meaningful death.
- Type “!” or “XXX” to signal the DM that you want the game paused. This is mostly for doing stuff in combat that isn’t covered by the game engine.
- Your familiar isn’t dead. He just went home. Also, when you possess him, that’s you as a player controlling him, not your character. He’s a creature in the game world, not a robot scout that vanishes when you don’t need him.
- The heal skill and magical healing can be used to return a “dead” character to consciousness. The heal skill needs bandages/materials or you can’t use it.
- Tell me if you’re going to miss a session and you’ll get half XP instead of none.
- I really mean it, tell me if you’re going to miss a session. It’s important. You don’t want to be that guy, do you?
- Don’t rest until I tell you you can.
- Walk instead of run. You can do this by using detect mode or by holding shift.
- You have a dice bag. Some game engine rolls might be replaced by DM-managed rolls. Stealth mode means you’re trying to hide whether we count the automatic rolls or not.